I started thinking about social cues and how some people don’t interpret them well. So I figured I’d feature general social rules to abide by.
- Don’t talk to be about serious things before 10am. I am not really listening and don’t want to be held accountable for facts shared during this time. (I realize I’m notorious for doing this to other people, haha)
- Have we met? No? Then don’t talk to me in the elevator. I don’t know who you are, I can’t get more than 4 feet away from you and I don’t want to talk about the weather.
- If I will be interacting with you more than twice in a day, don’t ask me how I am every time I see you. Chances are, I’m still the same as I was earlier today. You know who you are you chipper folk, you……YOU.
- If I give you a ton of excuses, and you keep finding ways around it, stop. You think you’re being helpful, but I really don’t want to do whatever you are trying to convince me to do, so I’m using excuses to soften the blow.
Not trying to come across as a meanie or anything. Alright maybe I am. Tough love people.
So I sincerely feel like I’ve had a lack of crazy people in my life lately. I mean there are the usual, socially acceptable crazies, but no one really out there. I’m just waiting for the next crazy bird. The next homeless barker asking us what we are doing with that beautiful Jeep they can’t call their own. Now just picture that sentence being repeated with barks in between words, missing teeth, a weird smell and way less understandable. I am a weird person magnet and I love it. Where are you crazies? I miss you.
Anyway, I’m not sure I’ve ever expressed my desire to have a pet piglet. I like pigs I guess. I don’t like to eat them, but having one as a pet seems so fun. You can go around telling people, “I have a pet pig.” Not everyone can say that.
Get real if you don’t think that’s kind of adorable. Anyone know of any mini pig breeders around here? Hit me up.
If you’re bored this weekend, here are a few things you can do to kill time. I’m not going to say fun because, well, you make your own fun.
- Leave notes in books at Barnes and Noble for future readers.
- Create photo evidence that you had an amazing weekend and went on all sorts of adventures that you really didn’t. (Fiction in Photographs, great concept.)
- Go to a nice neighborhood and draw chalk outlines of bodies.
If you don’t like these ideas, so sorry, but shouldn’t you have plans this weekend, Geek?
I was thinking about driving and how yesterday, March 9th, was the 10 year anniversary of the day I got my license. Do you remember what a huge deal that was? Talk about freedom. I started thinking about how I really wanted an Eclipse until kids all around the tri-state area started getting in car accidents within these death trap cars. Then I switched my pleas towards Range Rovers. Nice and big and protect-y. Anyway, I came across this hilarious vanity plate, and thought I’d share:
He probably doesn’t mind because….it’s a Jeep. Love Jeeps but, get a clue. If that’s all you got from the divorce, go back and re-negotiate.
Ok so what would this blog be if I didn’t mention Daniel Tosh? This is a great clip, enjoy.
Cold Steel Blade http://t.co/lKoxPk4
Today’s music brings me back to pre-college. Love this band and love these songs!
listening to If You Don’t, Don’t by Jimmy Eat World on @Grooveshark: http://tinysong.com/76Ep #nowplaying #musicmonday
listening to My Sundown by Jimmy Eat World on @Grooveshark: http://tinysong.com/k5bt #nowplaying #musicmonday
listening to Hear You Me by Jimmy Eat World on @Grooveshark: http://tinysong.com/k5bM #nowplaying #musicmonday